Hydrophobic Microscope Slide for Observing Living Microorganism (Large size)
【Overall Advantages to Users】
- Observing living microorganisms through a microscope can be time-consuming because collected droplets of culture solution sample may not contain observation objects. Compared to using a depression slide glass, the “Hydrophobic Microscope Slide” facilitates faster and easier observation of living microorganisms owing to its multiple observation areas on which four, twelve or twenty-four spherical shapes can be formed at a time per a single operation of pouring collected droplets.
- Living microorganisms like water fleas or slipper animalcules (paramecium) are very difficult to track in the narrow field of view of a microscope because they continuously move around in the collected culture solution sample. In contrast, a droplet of culture solution sample forms a spherical shape, due to the hydrophobic effect and surface tension, at each hole on the “Hydrophobic Microscope Slide”, which traps living microorganisms, restricts their mobility and, consequently, facilitates faster observation through a microscope.
- Microorganism observation
- Water flea observation
- Slipper animalcules (paramecium) observation
- Zooplankton and phytoplankton observation