The “Genecon Light Box” has built-in lamp holders (sockets) for each of the three (3) types of lamps, Incandescent, Fluorescent and LED (Light-emitting-diode) that come with this apparatus. Purpose of this apparatus is to compare energy consumption amongst three lamps by using “NaRiKa Genecon DUE” (our hand-held DC generator) as a power source.
Student instantly feels the difference in torque (“heaviness”) to turn the handle of Genecon DUE depending on the lamp he/she lights and, eventually, realizes the difference in degree of energy efficiency of each lamp.
Collaborative work by a couple of students may be done by using/connecting Genecons in series or in parallel (See the picture below), feeling change in the torque when turning handle.
Comparison of lamp to be lit:
1. Lighting an incandescent lamp (See below picture 1)
2. Lighting a fluorescent lamp (See below picture 2)
3. Lighting a LED lamp (See below picture 3)
4. Collaborative work with two of Genecon DUE connected in series (See below picture 4)
Picture1 Picture2 Picture3 Picture4
Specifications and Contents
1. Genecon Light Box: x1 (Size: 245 x 175 x 100mm) 2. Incandescent lamp: x1 (12V, 20W) 3. Fluorescent lamp: x1 (11-16V, 18W) 4. LED lamp: x1 (10-15V, 2.5W) 5. Genecon DUE: x1 6. Case: x1